1. pink floyd- comfortably numb
2. patti smith- pissing in a river
3. tom petty- i wont bak down
4. neil young- old man
5. fleetwood mac dreams
6. the doors- people are strange
7. the beatles- hey jude
8. the police- message in a bottle
9. billy joel- uptown girl
10. bob dylan- hurricane
11. rollig stones- paint it black
12. james taylor- fire and rain
13. the moody blues- knights in white satin
14. cream- sunshine of your love
15. grateful dead- touch of grey
yeah, i know i've put some of these songs up before. Music has had a serious impact on my life. all kinds of music... but it was classic rock that really got me first. i still have the letters my cousin Jaime used to write me from California and she told me about this great band Pink Floyd that i had to hear. They were "way old" but "still awesome". She told me i had to get The Wall. I went to the store the next day and got the tape. I stole it, which i probably shouldn't have done, but that album has since made one of the hugest impacts on my life.
i know i'm leaving out some great people, but these ones came to mind first.
Musically, what is "classic" for you?